Slavery in the 17th century was one of the most dramatic events for the African community. Unlike all the previous forms of slavery, it developed the ideas of racial inequality and contributed to racism. It was caused by the economic reasons and had a significant influence on the development of the American trade. Since the first commercially successful harvest of tobacco was grown, the necessity in cheap labor increased every year, since tobacco required a significant amount of labor to be cultivated and handled. Not only tobacco but also other kinds of agricultural activities required a great amount of labor. As a result, the concentration of black slaves was greater in some part of America that in the others. Slaves at small farm often were in better conditions than at big plantations. At big plantations, the conditions of work were much worth, and due to the number of slaves, the attitude was more animal-like. As a result, the rates of mortality were greater. Those who were brought as the servants often found themselves within the households as cooking and cleaning stuff. For that life was easier, however, they still depended on the master to the very large extent. The declaration of independence.
The Congress seconded the declaration of independence under the principal authorship of Tomas Jefferson on the 4th of July 1776. The declaration meant the necessity of war with England which became the war for independence.
In the second part, complaints against England are listed:
- FOR quartering large Bodies of Armed Troops among us;
- FOR protecting them, by a mock Trial, from Punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
- FOR cutting off our Trade with all Parts of the World:
- FOR imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
- FOR depriving us, in many Cases, of the Benefits of Trial by Jury:
- FOR transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended Offences:
- FOR abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighboring Province, establishing therein an arbitrary Government, and enlarging its Boundaries, to render it at once an Example and fit Instrument for introducing the same absolute Rules into these Colonies:
- FOR taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering the Forms of our Governments fundamentally:
- FOR suspending our Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with Power to legislate for us in all Cases whatsoever. (Declaration of independence, 1776)
It should be mentioned, that slaves played a significant role in the war for independence. The main reason for that was the understanding of the chance to obtain freedom and reorganize the existing model of relations between black and white.
After all, if you need a quality custom written essay about Slavery, you can order it online from real academic experts at this site: https://cheapwritinghelp.com/essays.html.