My personal philosophy of teaching is that people are teaching differently. There are even those who for anything in life will not be able to teach. As Seneca the Elder said: “Whom the gods would destroy, they would make a teacher.” Persian proverb says: “If heaven had heard the prayers of the children, there would be no living teacher in the world.” George Bernard Shaw put it this way: “He who can, does; who cannot, teaches others.” Peter Lawrence continued, but in a humorous way: “Who knows, makes; who cannot, teaches others; and who cannot teaches teachers.”
There enough categorical statements about teaching “Fools teach, smart people learn.” Humorously it sounds pretty funny: “Smart people love to learn, and fools – to teach. Thus, smart people are often forced to learn from fools.” Probably, these statements are not accidental – to say such things you have had to suffer a great deal from teachers. In all this, of course, there is truth; despite this, the teaching seems to me a noble occupation. I am eternally grateful to my teachers and convinced that it is important to be able to teach, because it helps people (although, judging by the above quotes, not all). It is interesting that Alexander the Great said: “I owe my father for he gave me life, and my teachers for they made my life worthy.” Continue reading “Essay on Philosophy of Teaching”
Expectancy value theory is psychological models of the motivation to perform a certain behavior, the subjective expectation is to achieve a certain consistency with the behavior and explain the subjective or objective value of behavioral consistency. The theory has great importance in the behavioral economics and is based on the mathematical construct expected value.
Those college and university students who have chosen expectancy value theory to write their research papers on, have to know that the motivation to show a certain behavior, results from the product of the value of behavioral consequences (emotional or rational) and the subjective expectation to achieve the desired consistency with the behavior; formal: M = V × E. Motivational considered a high value can thus compensate little chance of success, or a low value is compensated by high chances of success. Continue reading “Expectancy Value Theory Research Paper”
The world, today, has become a global village due to innovative technologies that have seen social media taken a new platform. Social networking has opened many opportunities throughout the world and solved major global political, social and economic problems. Integrating people in one social place with innovation will be the highest ever achievements of the 21st century.
The first source describes privacy and surveillance. People like to be watched and to watch what is happening around them. The author talks about situational power that is the dynamic interaction between people on who is watching whom. Different technologies have given us different platforms as if what Facebook can give us is not what TVs can offer us for interaction. Violation of privacy happens, and that is when situational power comes in through controlling of what people do. People’s comprehension of surveillance and privacy depends on social platforms in which they are associated, and it has shown it affects their behavior (Foley, 2011). Continue reading “Social Media Essay Example”
Sarbanes-Oxley Act was approved by President George Bush on 30 July 2002 and was later also approved shortly thereafter by the U.S. Congress. It gets its name from its two authors: Paul Sarbanes, Senator for the State of Maryland and Michael Oxley, a member of the U.S. Congress for the Republican Party. The law is often referred to colloquially to SOX or Sarbox.
College students preparing their research papers on the topic must know that Sarbanes-Oxley Act came into being as a reaction to the large corporate bankruptcies that shook American business around the turn of the millennium. The most famous was the bankruptcy of the energy company Enron in autumn 2001 when a large number of employees lost their paid-up pension savings and the shareholders lost their invested money. However, this was not the only example, as also the telecommunications company WorldCom, Tyco International, Adelphia, and Italian dairy group Parmalat may be mentioned. Continue reading “Research Paper on Sarbanes-Oxley Act”
A term paper is the assignment which is waiting for every student in order to check his knowledge and writing skills he had accumulated during the semester of studying. It is troublesome to succeed in writing a high quality term paper writing without possessing enough experience and advice.
- The most obvious starting point of writing is the appropriate selection of the topic, which would satisfy both the student and the professor. One should dwell on the more or less familiar topic in order to waste less time on writing and attempts of understanding the issue.
- The introduction of the term paper is the section which informs the reader about the factors which have influenced him to choose this problem for the research, the purpose of writing and the methods which will be used for the research for the improvement of the quality of the text.
- The major part of the term paper should concentrate on the research of the problem, the supply of the arguments which prove the student’s opinion about the issue and the strong and weak sides of the problem under the student’s observation. The student is expected to pay attention to the methods and sources applied for writing in order to demonstrate the ability of the young professional to chose the most useful and adequate materials for the research.
- The aim of the term paper is not to create a certain original project, but to inform the reader about the chosen problem in detail, so the requirements of the quality and authenticity of the text should be met.
- In the concluding part of the term paper the student should write what he has learnt due to the process of writing and whether he is satisfied with the results of the research.
Do you need help with writing a term paper online? Click here to know more!
If you want to develop healthy eating habits you will have to learn a few simple tips on healthy dieting for each day:
- Be sure to have breakfast every morning. For breakfast is the most important meal for our metabolism. People who regularly eat in the morning are less likely to overeat at night. Proper breakfast gives you energy and helps to think and to work productively. People deprived the first meal are under stress and their body begin to use the energy received during lunch and dinner to create fat reserves. Do not skip breakfast!
- Gradually exclude from your diet junk food: white sugar, bleached flour, trans fats (margarine pastries, mayonnaise, cream cheese, ice cream with vegetable fats, fast food, hot dogs, sausages, dairy desserts). Avoid commercially processed foods.
- Drink plenty of water. On average, need to drink 8-10 glasses of water including the herbal infusions, green tea, broth hips. Fruits and vegetables contain structured water and can replenish your daily fluid needs. And be sure to start each morning with a glass of water.
- Eat colorful vegetables every day. Vegetables with different colors give you different nutrients. Choose leafy greens, cabbage, broccoli, lettuce, red and orange vegetables – carrots, squash, peppers, tomatoes.
- Choose fresh fruit, they have more benefits than fruit juice, especially packaged. Fruit juice contains little or absolutely no fiber. But a lot of sugar, preservatives, and dyes.
Continue reading “Essay on 10 Healthy Eating Habits”
Stone Age diet, Paleolithic diet, or Paleo diet is a nutritional plan that implies dieting as it was in the time before is neolithic revolution (with the beginning about 20,000 to 10,000 years ago), bringing agriculture and animal husbandry. In contrast to the low-carbohydrate diet, the Paleo diet does not limit amounts of high glycemic products.
The Paleo diet has become popular in recent times. According to the proponents of the diet, humans are assumed to have during the time of hunter-gatherers to agricultural society beginning in the Middle East about 10,000 years ago. Paleolithic, or Old Stone Age, is an archaeological period that began about 2.3 million years ago and lasted until about 10,000 BC.
University students, who have chosen the Paleo diet topic for their research papers must realize that the principle of this diet is based on the assumption that man has not changed, or has changed very little, purely biologically, since Paleolithic times while the diet has changed a bit more. The Stone Age diet is thus an attempt to define a diet that is closer to the human purely biologically. Continue reading “Research Paper on Paleo Diet”
Ohm’s Law is a statement of the proportionality of the current strength in the conductor to the attached voltage.
Ohm’s law is valid for metals and semiconductors at not too high applied voltage. If the Ohm’s law is valid for an element of the electrical circuit, the element can be said as having a linear current-voltage characteristic.
Ohm’s law is valid for conductors made ??of materials, which are free charge carriers: the conduction electrons, holes, or ions. If the voltage is applied to such conductors, there is an electric field in the conductors that would force carriers to move. During this movement, the charge carriers are accelerated and increase their kinetic energy. However, the increase in energy of the charge carriers is limited by collisions between themselves, and to the atoms displaced from equilibrium positions due to thermal motion of the material, to impurities. In such collisions the excess kinetic energy of the charge carriers is transformed into the heat via the vibrations of the crystal lattice. Continue reading “Research Paper on Ohm’s Law”
Home Health Care will give you an opportunity to write an excellent research paper on the topic.
Home Health Care is services of assisting the individual with the help of the healthcare professional, but the services can also be purchased from private companies. Today, the home health care services are often fused with home care efforts.
Personal home health care consists primarily of nursing assistants but also physiotherapists, occupational therapists, and assistants. Usually, the assisting staff wears special clothing, such as uniform jackets, vests, aprons, and sometimes other equivalent tops and pants. However, for the most part home health care staff works in their own clothes, often with a protective apron over. Continue reading “Home Health Care Research Paper”
Tourism industry is the complex industry which proves tourists with the unique opportunities of visiting the interesting countries for them, original places for leisure and entertainment. Nowadays tourism has become a very popular activity and the majority of people enjoying travelling all over the world in order to learn something new about the world around, the traditions and customs of other cultures and to improve their health visiting the seaside and the areas which influence the human health positively. Obviously, it is very difficult to travel alone and without the slightest idea where to go in the host country. Tourism industry has appeared for the solution of numerous problems related with travelling. With the help of the industry tourists are able to book a hotel, buy tickets to the country they visit, attend the most famous places in the country with the guide who would inform about everything step by step. Tourism industry is the facilitator of every traveller, because its numerous spheres cooperate for the tourist’s benefit. The person simply pays money and all the services are supplied for her advantage. Continue reading “Tourism Industry Research Proposal”